COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ACCIDENTS
Commercial vehicle accidents are some of the most severe accidents that can occur. Whether the vehicle is involved in transporting children, cars, food, or furniture to a new home, a great amount of trust is placed in the hands of commercial vehicle drivers due to the weight of the vehicle and damage that can occur. When commercial vehicles cause severe accidents and injuries, you or your loved may be able to receive compensation for your injuries. Fortune & Beard is here to aggressively pursue your case and get you the compensation you deserve.
Commercial vehicles can be a number of different vehicles, including: school buses, vans, 15-passenger vans, tour buses, trains, planes, tractors, and of course 18-Wheelers. These are all considered to be commercial vehicles. No matter how the accident occurs, either between the commercial vehicle and another vehicle, or the commercial vehicle itself losing control causing a one vehicle collision, the damages and injuries can be significant. Just know that if you or a loved one has been involved in a commercial vehicle accident you may receive compensation for your injuries.
Here are some qualifications relating to commercial vehicle classifications:
- The vehicle weighs more than 17,000 pounds
- The vehicle is a school bus
- There are hazardous materials being transported by the vehicle
- The vehicle transports more than 8 passengers, including the driver, for compensation
- The vehicle transports more than 15 passengers, including the driver, but not for compensation
- In order to operate a commercial vehicle the driver must hold a CDL (commercial driver’s license).
To obtain a CDL, a driver must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 21 years or older
- The driver must have 20/40 vision or wear glasses
- The driver must not be color blind
- They must be able to read road signs and understand law enforcement
- The driver must have 10/20 hearing in his or her best ear
- He/she must submit to a physical exams at least every two years
- The driver cannot have any sort of mental impairment that interferes with safe driving
The requirements above are often violated resulting in tragic loss and injury. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve.